Do you ever wake up in a funky mood and don’t know why? Or maybe an uncomfortable feeling creeps into your day. Most of us just try to brush it off and press on. But there’s something to be said for taking a little time to engage with where you find yourself, to sit quietly for a few moments of reflection or meditation and intentionally become deeply aware of what you are feeling. Ask yourself:
Is this something physical?
– Am I tired?
– Have I altered anything in my diet?
– Is there something in the environment affecting me, like allergies or cloudy weather, cold or heat?
– Could I be getting sick?
Is this mental or emotional?
– Am I feeling stressed, sad, fearful, angry? Try to identify the feeling.
– Is there a relationship or incident connected to this feeling?
– Is it personal or work-related?
Is this a spiritual disturbance?
– Has a night dream provoked this feeling?
– Do I feel a certain kind of heaviness around me?
– Do I sense a shift in my energy field?
It could be one or a combination of these, as we function holistically. One discomfort can precipitate another. A disturbing dream may affect your sleep. Lack of sleep may increase your sensitivity to emotional reactions to others. And so on. And, conversely, if you address one discomfort, it can relieve another. If you clear your energy field, you may sleep better. Better sleep often helps subdue physical pain, etc.
Trust what comes to you as you reflect. Engage with your inner knowing; it will guide you. It may tell you that your fatigue is connected to poor digestion, maybe dehydration, or that you need more hours of sleep at night than you are getting now. It can point you to a deep insecurity about something specific that is connected to an overriding fear in you. Or maybe you need to take time to examine a niggling dream that wants to inform you about your life.
Give yourself the gift of being more “aware.” When you are aware, you open yourself to knowledge. When you have greater knowledge, you have power – the power to affect change in your own life for your greater well-being.